Wednesday 8 July 2015

DIY Canvas Art

A little Jar of Thoughts. Fashion. Beauty. DIY. Advice. DIY Canvas Art

Hey guys :)

So recently, I've seen tons of canvas art around different shops. They're a really cute way to show a quote or a saying. I love the idea, but I don't really love the price. I mean, seriously, is it necessary to sell a small canvas with the word "coffee." on it for 40 euro?
After I saw this, I knew it was time to go and rummage through my sisters art supplies for some paint and paintbrushes.
Keep on reading to find out how to make your own canvas art :)


Supplies:
1) Some sort of canvas (I used the top of a wooden box)
2) Spray paint
3) Paint
4) Paintbrush
5) Something to protect your surface

Completely cover the canvas with spray paint (I used white)



1) Let it dry
2) Then draw or write whatever you want on the canvas in pencil. This will prevent huge mistakes :)


Now it's time to go over to whatever you drew or wrote with paint.
I chose to write "Summer Vibes" as I was in a Summer-y mood


This is the finished result :) I think it's a really inexpensive way to write or draw whatever you want! Send me pictures on Instagram if you give it a try :)


Janine xo

No comments:

Post a Comment